Skin Tightening And Resurfacing
Fibroblast Plasma-Lift uses plasma to tighten and smooth the skin. It’s a safe, non-invasive alternative to surgery. At Emana Medical, we perform the Fibroblast Plasma-Lift to remove or reduce imperfections like fine lines, wrinkles, scarring, sagging, and uneven skin tone. You may be surprised to learn that not only are the results of this treatment comparable to plastic surgery, they’re also permanent in most areas.
During a Fibroblast Plasma-Lift, an expert provider will use a special device with a fitted needle to safely yet effectively deliver heat to your skin. This will stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, tightening and firming your skin.
A Fibroblast Plasma-Lift can be used to treat the upper and lower eyelids, crow’s feet, smile lines, upper lips, nasolabial folds, neck, and stomach. While a single treatment will likely provide a noticeable improvement, you may need multiple treatments to achieve your desired and complete results.
Fibroblast Plasma Pen
As we age, our skin’s natural production of collagen molecules slows down, leading to fine lines, wrinkles, folds, and sagging skin.
The Fibroblast Plasma Pen is a non-invasive skin tightening treatment that can be used to treat all of these various skin concerns. This device shoots an electrical discharge to the skin that induces superficial micro trauma. This micro-trauma stimulates the healing process for the creation of new, rejuvenated, tight and smooth tissue over 8-12 weeks. Collagen and elastin are produced, plumping the structure of the skin to soften and eliminate lines and wrinkles.
Fibroblasting is used to treat a number of skin imperfections, including:
- Saggy skin around eyes – eyelid tightening
- Skin tags and sunspots
- Acne scars
- Loose stomach skin post pregnancy
- Wrinkles and lines around the mouth
- Excess, sagging skin on neck / jowls
- Loose skin under arms
- Lines on the forehead
- Necklines (turkey neck)
Patients choose this procedure because it is non-surgical and carries minimal risk. There are very few side effects and little downtime with relatively quick recovery.
Prior to treatment, our provider will give you a comprehensive skin analysis to determine the right treatment goals and a plan for your beauty treatments. Topical numbing is applied to make the treatment very comfortable and tolerable. Treatment times can vary between 30-120 minutes depending on the number of areas being treated.
You may experience some mild swelling for the first few days and carbon crusts (scabs) that form due to the plasma pen. It is very important to avoid the sun for the first week or so, while your skin is healing. If you need to be out in the sun, wear a hat that will shade the entire area you received the treatment. After the tiny scabs shed off, you’ll want to minimize the risk of hyper-pigmentation and apply SPF 60+. You have to take care of your skin as it is considered fresh new skin. Proper post-care and maintenance is key to having long lasting results.
Before and After Your Plasma Fibroblasting Treatment
Like most skin rejuvenation treatments, there are potentially some side effects. To obtain optimal results from the plasma pen, you must follow some important guidelines both before and after the treatment.
At least three to four weeks prior to your fibroblasting treatment, you should avoid tanning your skin. This includes tanning beds, spray tanning, etc. If you have darker pigmented skin, you should use SPF 30 or higher three to four weeks prior to treatment. If you experience or are more likely to have hyperpigmentation (overproduction of pigment in the skin), please call and we can recommend products that can help.
There are procedures that you’ll need to avoid having done in the same area that you will have Fibroblast Pen treatment. These include chemical peels, botox or fillers, microneedling, laser therapy. Surgical procedures must have a wait period before and after Fibroblast Pen of at least 9 or 10 months. You’ll also want to avoid using facial acids like Retin A, salicylic, and glycolic. If you are planning any of the aforementioned procedures, it is important to schedule a consultation to discuss the pre and post time-frame to avoid these procedures.
It is normal to experience a stinging sensation immediately following the procedure, but this usually only lasts for about an hour. If the area becomes swollen, you may apply cold packs, but make sure they are covered with a clean cloth and do not put ice directly on the affected area. If possible, avoid taking any anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen, Advil or aspirin. We will provide you with post-treatment instructions, but here are some things to avoid immediately following the treatment:
- Cleanse the treated area for at least a day using room temperature water.
- Sleep on your back and elevate head to reduce swelling (if area treated was your face or neck area).
- Avoid exposure to heat, steam or sweat. This can intensify any inflammation you have from the treatment.
- Avoid sunblock, makeup, creams or other cosmetic products for 7 days, as they may irritate the treated area of skin.
Other things to keep in mind:
- Do not pick at the tiny crusts that form. They will eventually fall off naturally.
- Avoid using washcloths or other abrasive materials to clean the treated area.
- Do not stand under hot water in the shower or submerse the treated area in hot water for at least 3 or 4 days.
- When showering, avoid letting shower gels or hair products come into contact with the treated area.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses for 72 hours if your treatment is around the eye area.
- No exfoliating treatments for 21 days.
- Do not wear make-up until all scabs have fallen off.
- Avoid sun exposure and keep area protected from the sun for at least 3 months to avoid hyperpigmentation.
- Do not sunbathe or use tanning beds for at least 3 months after your procedure.
Additional important information:
- Maintain a healthy diet to maximize your results and avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Although you will experience immediate lifting and tightening, be aware that the full effects of treatment will take up to 12 weeks.
- The treated area must be completely healed in order to receive additional treatments.